The purpose of the journal is to strengthen the conception and practice of Christian education in church and parachurch settings through:
- Encouraging reflection on the foundations of Christian education and implications for ministry practice
- Exploring the integration and application of social science theory and research to educational ministry concerns
- Fostering improved teaching in the field of Christian education at colleges and seminaries, equipping people for leadership in this field
- Promoting the assessment of our changing cultural context and of contemporary educational ministry needs, models, and trends
- Providing reviews of new books in the field of Christian education and other related disciplines that impact educational ministry.
Talbot School of Theology is pleased to publish the Christian Education Journal in cooperation with the North American Professors of Christian Education (NAPCE).