Submission of Articles: The Great Commission Research Journal welcomes articles of original scholarship and of general interest dealing with all aspects of Church Growth, effective evangelism and successful Great Commission strategies. Reasoned responses to past articles will be considered, as well as book reviews. All manuscripts should not have been published elsewhere unless specifically approved by the editor.
- Follow the guidelines for style found in The Chicago Manual of Style or K.L Turabian's Manual for Writers. Footnotes should be at the bottom of each page.
- At the beginning of your article include an abstract of approxmiately 100 words. Separate this from the article that follows with a dashed line.
- The article should be 12-25 pages in length, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, excluding tables, figures, and references. All figures, tables (and linked files), and graphics files should be submitted in a separate .jpeg or .tiff document in a black and white format. PDFs are not acceptable.
- After your section on References or Works Cited, and separated by a dashed line, include a short biographical sketch (no more than 100 words) for each writer: contact information, title, degree(s), and institution(s) where earned, and specialization(s).
- If not accepted for publication, manuscripts will only be returned if first-class postage is provided. If accepted for publication, we reserve the right to edit for usage and style. Upon acceptance, the author must submit a signed copyright agreement.
- Submit your article, supporting documents (figures, tables, graphics) and copyright release form (downloadable on this site) to the proper editor indicated below. All manuscripts will be acknowledged promptly and processed as quickly as possible. Appearance of accepted articles in print is approximately six months or as forthcoming article backlog allows. Contributors receive a complimentary copy of the issue in which their article appears as well as a PDF version upon request.
Copyright: Copyrights on articles are held by Biola University with permission to re-publish given to the authors. Requests for permission to reproduce material from the Journal, except for brief quotations in scholarly reviews and publications, should be directed to the Academic Publications Office at Biola University.
Inquiries, Submissions, and Correspondence
- All communication concerning subscriptions, change of address, back issue and article reprint orders, and nonreceipt of an issue should be sent to the Academic Publications Office, Biola University, 13800 Biola Ave., La Mirada, CA 90639-0001. Phone: 562-944-0351 x5321, E-mail: gcr.subscriptions @biola.edu
- Articles from within North America should be submitted to Dr. Parnell M. Lovelace, Jr., North America Editor, P.O. Box 369, Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-0369. Phone: 916-441-2223. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book reviews should be submitted to Dr. Mike Morris, Book Review Editor, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, PO Box 22207, Fort Worth, TX 76122. Phone: 817-923-1921, Ext. 6470 E-mail: email@example.com.
- Inquiries and correspondence related to dissertation reviews should be sent to Gary McIntosh, Dissertation Editor, Talbot School of Theology, 13800 Biola Ave., La Mirada, CA 90639-0001. Phone: 562-903-6000 ext. 5559, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions from outside North America and all other correspondence should be directed to Alan McMahan, General Editor, Cook School of Intercultural Studies, Biola University, 13800 Biola Ave., La Mirada, CA 90639-0001. Phone: 562-903-4844, ext. 3269; Fax: 562-903-4851, E-mail: email@example.com.