Publications Policy & Submission Guidelines
PUBLICATIONS POLICY OF THE JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGY AND THEOLOGY
All articles should be consistent with an evangelical position. Material in the following categories will be considered for publication.
- Theoretical or applied articles dealing with the integration of psychology and theology.
- Research articles that have relevance to theology, the psychology of religion, the ministry of the church, or the integration of psychology and theology.
- Articles dealing with pastoral counseling or the theory and application of psychological data to the work of the church.
- Theoretical, applied, or research articles bearing on the relationship of psychology to the intercultural context of Christian world mission(s).
- Theoretical, research, and applied articles dealing with the family and relationships within the Christian community.
- Reviews of articles in other journals relevant to the integration of psychology and theology
- Responses to current or past journal articles.
- Reviews of relevant books from the field of psychology and theology.
AUTHORS SUBMITTING A MANUSCRIPT SHOULD:
- Submit your article on our Scholar One site. Go to: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jpt. In the upper right hand corner, click on "create account." Once you create your account, go to the Author Center, and in the bottom right area, under Author Resources, click on the "Click here to submit a new manuscript" link. Follow the instructions to submit your manuscript. We will promptly send your article out for review. Keep a record of your login so that you can log back in to check on the status of the manuscript. You can also get more information at the Author quickstart Guide at: http://mchelp.manuscriptcentral.com/tutorials/Author.pdf.
- Follow the guidelines on format, style, and submission procedure provided in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) (1200 17th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036) including the use of non-sexist and non-racist language.
- Avoid submitting a manuscript which has been published previously or is being considered simultaneously for publication in other journals. If the manuscript is rejected by the Journal, it may then be submitted to another journal.
- Include an abstract of no more than 150 words.
- Limit the manuscript to approximately 25-30 double-spaced pages, including tables, figures, and references.
- Include the following current vita information for each author: address, title, degree(s) and institutions(s) where earned, and specialization(s).
- Include telephone number, fax number, and email address if available.
All submitted manuscripts will be acknowledged promptly and processed as quickly as possible. The initial review process generally requires approximately three months. The time span between initial submission and appearance in print of accepted manuscripts is approximately six months, or as forthcoming article backlog allows.